Make it: Slogan T-Shirt with Silhouette Cameo

I have been wanting a 'phrase' t shirt for a while but I just haven't seen one that speaks to me (sorry for the pun). So I was delighted when I was rummaging in my craft stash the other day and came across a pack of iron on transfer material for use with my Silhouette Cameo. I also realised that I have never done a tutorial with my Cameo on our blog! Appalled at myself for not sharing this wondrous machine with you all, I set to rectifying the situation.

I received my Silhouette a few Christmases ago from my lovely Husband, it sits on my desk next to my laptop in my craft room. I mostly use it for my paper-craft projects, card making and scrap-booking.  However you can use it with a huge range of materials, including fabric and vinyl, I even have a kit to cut my own stamps.  It comes with its own software which you can use to design your cuts, you can download designs from their online store or even better... design your own.  I Love the ability to cut any font that you have on your computer too. I buy all my supplies from Crafts-U-Love here in the UK.

Here you can see it looks a lot like a regular printer on the inside except where the ink would be their is a small blade which sits in a motorised cradle.

To make my t-shirt I used the software to design the words I wanted on my shirt, then as per the instructions on the transfer material I flipped the image so it would cut them in reverse.  I chose Live. Love. Make. of course...What would you write on yours??

I loaded my transfer material into my silhouette on my 12x12 adhesive cutting mat and let the machine get to work.

When you have unloaded the mat from the machine you can remove the transfer material from the mat and peel away the excess from your design from the self adhesive backing paper.

This is the best bit, as you see your design revealed.

Flip it over and there you have your t-shirt transfer!

Next is to head to the ironing board and attach it to your shirt. Be very careful as you need to have your iron set quite high to get it to stick down. Also be sure you like the position because the material is delicate and hard to remove without tearing if you make a mistake. Wait for the material to cool completely.

Agonising wait over, slowly peel back the plastic coating to reveal your design. You can see I added some little gold hearts to mine too.

And there you have it a phrase t-shirt all of my own, saying exactly what I want it to say all ready for my trip to Las Vegas!

This material is completely washable, but I would say to be safe, wash and iron it inside out, so as to not spoil your design.

The t-shirt I used is from New Look Inspire. I love the chiffon detailing, I loved it so much I bought two more the same.

I love my new t-shirt and the iron material is so soft, unlike a lot of other iron-on products. Do any of you have a cutting machine? I would love to see some more projects done with them. Add your links in the comments below.

Have a great weekend.
Sammy xxx

 Live, Love, Make, Like, Share, Follow, Tweet, Pin, Add, Enjoy. 

Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+