Long Weekend Crafts to try and of course, Cake




Well good morning to you!  and the reason for being so chipper on a Monday is that it's a Bank Holiday here this weekend coming!  An extra lie-in, an extra day out or an extra day to craft, whatever your pleasure, enjoy it.  It's that time of year where the extra long weekend could not come at a better time - definately in need of a break and as its a bank holiday we can pretty much rest assured it will rain at some point, so some staying in a relaxing will be happening!

I thought I would share with you a few things I am planning with my long weekend and perhaps a rainy day, so you can get some ideas and also start having a look for your own.  Well, that's what lunch breaks are for right?

So, we start with something I have been meaning to do for ages, since I won the Red Ted book.  It's got to be animal or creature related!  These little ducks are amazing and are painted stones, I have been saving up stones when I see shapes that make me think of animals and so I think this weekend will be the perfect time to have a go.  You can see the tutorial here.

Image courtesy of www.redtedart.com
Next up I think it has to be a recipe, as we all know we love a bit of cake here at Live it. Love it. Make it and as I am trying to keep off the Dairy, I am always after a new recipe and I have heard about using apple sauce instead of the fat and as much sugar.  So, when I found this recipe for Applesauce Cinnamon muffins on the Dairy free "Tried and True" blog, I thought I should definitely give it a go.

Photo courtesy of www.dairyfreetriedandtrue.blogspot.co.uk
After having a bit of a clear out last weekend - I know, I do this far too much!  I do love a declutter as we all know.  I found more of a stash of fat quarters than I thought I had - denial is a beautiful thing!  So what better thing to do this weekend than plan a few makes with all my new found goodies.  I found this blog post that I thought would give me some great ideas to start - she has done the running around for me by collecting tutorials from the internet - brilliant.

 Last but not least is a simple Cacti project, but one that looks so cool to do.  It may well be one of those Man Vs Pin moments though and not look as good in real life as it does on Pinterest, but I thought it would be worth a go.  I am trying my hand at looking after Cacti again as I am not green fingered at all, but these are simple, right!???


I think that will keep me going for a bit!  What are you guys up to for the long weekend?  Any crafting or just relaxing?
I am also planning a few movies and some reading, this is starting to sound suspiciously like I am getting to have too much fun with this long weekend.
Whatever you are up to, have fun! 
Until then, happy planning.
H

























 Live, Love, Make, Like, Share, Follow, Tweet, Pin, Add, Enjoy. 

Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+