Make it: Fast Festival Jacket

My lovely friend Kelly sent me a text yesterday afternoon, she asked me if I could help her jazz up a last minute purchase in time for her trip to Wireless festival this weekend! I love a challenge, so I told her to get over to my place asap to rummage in my craft room for some inspiration. We ended up in my gemstone boxes for a quick and easy update for her 'what if the weather isn't that great' jacket.



If you want to recreate this DIY yourself you will need: a Jacket (this one was from Dorothy Perkins in the Sale), some Gem Glue (We love Trim-it Glue) and some Gemstones (the bigger the better)

We decided to embellish the shoulders and the pockets with large clear gems, but you could stick to the collar, cuffs or go for multi coloured gems, whatever you can find in your local craft shop or at home, don't forget old jewellery can make great embellishments too.

As we were in a pinch for time we just jumped straight in with the glue and didn't plan out anything specific, but you could lay out your stones before you start if you have a little more time. 

Starting in the middle of each shoulder we popped a gem in the glue and carried on gluing the gems in place, being quite symmetrical....

Adding more as we went until we had created a shape that we liked.

Then we added some to the pocket flaps to tie the look together. The glue takes about 30 mins until it is dry enough to try on. The glue should have dried completely in approximately 12 hours.

As you can see it is just enough to lift the jacket and update the plain Parker style to give it a more glam look in no time at all.

I really like how this jacket turned out, I may have to make another one for myself!  I also love that it is such a fast update to do, not every DIY has to involve making something from scratch or loads of materials, some of my favourite things to do are updates or customisations to basic pieces.

Are any of you off to music festivals this summer? Have you already been to one? What outfits have you seen that you are loving right now for festival season? Let us know in the comments below.

Sammy xxx


We would love to see if you have a go at this. Like with all our DIY's if you do, take a picture and share it with us on Twitter or instagram with the hashtag #livelovemake

 Live, Love, Make, Like, Share, Follow, Tweet, Pin, Add, Enjoy. 

Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+