Make it: Painted Gem Clutch Bag

Statement necklaces are here to stay and this season they are joined by cool statement clutch bags. I spotted this one from Accessorize - I loved it, but the colour-way wasn't really my cup of tea, so I thought I would have a go at DIY-ing my own. When I saw this necklace from Liberty the idea of spray painting the gems to get the colours I wanted was the perfect solution for what I had in mind.  I thought you guys might like to see how easy it was to make yourself a custom gem encrusted clutch bag.



You will need: A clutch bag, Some gems or old jewellery, Spray paint and Strong glue.

Take all the gems you want to use and place them onto a bin liner or cardboard box.  Spray them with a fine coat of spray paint and let them dry for a few hours.  Apply 2-3 coats of paint, allowing them to dry for a few hours between each coat - it is best to leave them overnight to dry completely.  Then you can take your gems and arrange them on your clutch bag.  Take the time to lay all your gems out in a few different ways until you like how they look.

Once you are ready, grab your glue - I like the Guttermann HT2 but E3000 would work well too. Glue all your gems in place and leave it to dry overnight again - if you can bear to wait to use it of course!  Then stuff your gorgeous new bag full of your night out essentials and enjoy the praising comments.

I am totally in love with my new clutch bag, I really like that you could use any colour of spray paint to customise the colours to you.

What colours would you choose? What bag styles are you favourites this season? I am currently searching for the perfect fabric to make myself a rucksack, What about you? let us know in the comments below.

Sammy xxx

We would love to see if you have a go at these. Like with all our DIY's if you do, take a quick pic and share it with us on Twitter or Instagram don't forget the hashtag #livelovemake