Make it: Double Sided Make-up Bag

I was watching a YouTube video from the beautiful Ingrid (Miss Glamorazzi) a few months ago and she featured a really handy double sided travel make-up bag by Anya Hindmarch, I loved it until I saw the £150 price tag, Eeek! Since then I have been on a mission to find the perfect make up bags to DIY my own version ready for my Holidays in July. Last week I found this make up bag set from Marks and Spencer and for the bargain price of £6 each. I thought I would take you through how I turned this bargain beauty essential into a summer holiday must have.

You will need: Two make-up bags that are the same size (these are the smallest from the M&S set) a needle, strong thread, ribbon, binding and a brad or button (optional)

Start by turning one of your bags inside out, then place it inside the second one, this helps to keep them in place whilst you sew them into place. Take your strong thread and a needle and stitch all the way around, as close to the bottom edge of the bags. Once you reach where you started make sure you fasten off your stitching with a secure knot.

You can now turn your bag right side out again and add your embellishments. Cut a small piece of gold binding to make a small plaque for the front of your bag.

Take the brad or button and push it through the plaque, pop a little glue on the back and push both into the bag, opening it out to keep the plaque in place.

Finally, tie some ribbon through the zip pulls to make it easier to open both the bags and your done. All that is left to do now is to fill it with all your holiday essentials.

I love how this bag turned out, so much so that I am using it on my dressing table to keep all my current favourites in already. It is great that I can keep my skin care separate to my make up and it is really easy to find what I need as it opens all the way up, no need for rummaging to the bottom to find my best black eyeliner.

Have a great weekend
Sammy xxx

As always we would love to see if you have a go at this. As with all our DIY's if you do, take a quick pic and share it with us on Twitter or Instagram don't forget the hashtag #livelovemake