Make it: Daisy Print T-shirt DIY & Free Printable

This week I decided to have some fun with one of my favourite, but long neglected products, Iron on transfer paper. Long thought to be just for those who wanted to put inappropriate nicknames or embarrassing baby photos on hen and stag do t-shirts, I can tell you it is massively under rated!  I have seen so many daisy print clothes in the shops lately, from daisy print to daisy trim it seems to be the flower to be seen in for spring and this range by Jaded at Topshop caught my eye.  I love the look of digital printed gems on fabric, so I turned to my printer and transfer paper and got to work.



For this project you will need: Iron On Transfer paper (ours is from Ryman but any printable transfer paper will do), a T-shirt, Scissors, a computer and printer. The other thing you will need is some images to use, I used Photoshop to make up sheets of designs, you can download them for free here Daisy printable download or Gem printable download. Then you can get to work.

First, you will need to print off your chosen design onto your transfer paper. Then you will need to cut out your designs from the paper, I found a larger pair of scissors were actually more helpful than a small pair.

Once you have cut out all your designs, you can play around with where you want them to go on your t-shirt. I found with the brand of transfer paper I was using I had to peel off the designs from the backing paper before ironing them down.  You may not have to do this so do read the instructions carefully for the brand you are using.  Place a cloth over your design and iron it into place. Repeat this step until you have completed your design, or like me you run out of daisies.

I got H to model this one for me, I love how summery it looks! I cant wait to wear it tucked into a denim skirt or with bleached out jeans.

Then I got a little carried away and added some images of coral gems to a black t-shirt ...

I added some more gem designs to this clutch bag, don't they look awesome! and no snaging on my clothes, bonus!


We would love to see if you have a go at these. Like with all our DIY's if you do, take a pic and share it with us on Twitter or instagram with the hashtag #livelovemake

Sammy xxx