Book Review: Craft, Show & Sell

I always love it when a book shows up on my Amazon recommended list that looks as beautiful as this one does. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but it's hard not to buy this gem for the cover alone, just look at it!!

The name of the book is pretty self explanatory but I'm gonna go ahead and tell you about it anyway. If you are planning to make stuff and sell it online, or at craft shows or you just like being nosey and seeing inside peoples craft rooms this book is for you. By far the best crafting 'advice' book for UK artists and designer/makers I have ever read, and I have read A-LOT of these kind of books.

Let me tell you why...
One. It is Beautiful! I know I have said that already but it is probably the prettiest (useful) book I have ever owned. It is full of colourful photography of gorgeous crafty goodness. It has been on my desk for weeks and I cannot stop picking it up and looking at it, like, everyday.

Two. It has stacks and stacks of really useful information in it. From storage suggestions for your craft supplies, to tips from real designers and artists who are already doing what you want to do. And when I say tips I mean real, useful, meaningful tips that will actually help with the steps you can take to make your dream job become a reality.

Three. As international as the world is now, it is so nice as a UK crafter to hear opinions from other UK crafters. The British craft industry is different from that of the rest of the world and it works in a slightly different way, so to have a book written for British crafters by British crafters, it is a refreshing perspective.

Four. There are sections for everything, not just the fun stuff.  Being your own boss is really brilliant, but it is a lot of hard work and I feel that this book (unlike many others) doesn't gloss over the sticky bits.

Five. It is all the things I love about craft in one book. It is pretty, well put together and actually useful.  It is the polar opposite of style over substance.  It is slick, well put together and it looks beautiful. (I know, I said it again!)

I would highly recommend adding this book to your wish list if you have plans to sell your crafts online or anywhere else.  If you like looking a pictures of beautiful crafts or if you like great tips on making your craft selling dreams come true. If you want to make your craft selling business the best it can be, use this as your Bible. Seriously.

Have you taken a look at this book? Do you already own it? I would love to hear what you think of it, leave a comment below or talk to us on Twitter @livelovemake

Sammy xxx


Disclaimer: ( for our lovely readers) I hate writing these because I feel that you already know, But as a little reminder. Our opinions are not for sale. We only write honest reviews. If we are sent products to review it does not guarantee a positive review or for that fact a review at all. We will always tell you if a review is sponsored, which means that the product has been loaned to us or given to us. This review is not sponsored. I bought this book of my own free will, not with the intention of reviewing it. Just wanted to share some joy.