How We Wear...Winter Coats

We are starting a new series for the new year. 'How we wear' will be H and I showing you a little peek into our wardrobes, we are by no means fashion bloggers, but we both have quite different styles when it comes to clothes, despite shopping in mostly the same places. We thought it would be interesting to see how each other styled a particular piece each month. 
For January it is winter coats. 

H says: I am so glad my friend Jen persuaded me to buy this coat on a recent shopping trip, Yellow is not normally a colour I would choose but I love the colour blue so it actually compliments a lot of my wardrobe. It is so cosy and adds a great pop of colour to any outfit.  I wear boots all the time in the winter and the studded straps on these give them a 'rock chick' feel which I love.

H wears: Coat by Miss Selfridge, Jeans and boots by Dorothy Perkins (similar here) , Black Jumper and scarf by H&M.

Sammy says: I bought this coat on the hottest day of the year back in August. I had been looking for a duffel style coat for ages and the colour of this one was perfect (It matches my hair!) It is so warm so I have to keep it for truly chilly days. I really struggle to find boots that will fit my calves so New Look's wide fit range are a blessing. I love the taupe colour of these, they go with everything!

 Sammy wears: Coat by Primark, Boots by New Look (wide fit) Dress by New Look Inspire (Similar here), Scarf by River Island, Nail Varnish by Essie 'It's Genius' Rings by Accessorize.