Link for the week: Excel Art (yes really)

Photo courtesy of http://www.spoon-tamago.com/2013/05/28/tatsuo-horiuchi-excel-spreadsheet-artist/
I am constantly amazed by artists all over the world with their skill and enthusiasm for their work and then someone comes along and really makes me rethink how art can be made.  

Using a different tool of the trade and some huge imagination the artist Tatsuo Horiuchi uses Excel to make art.  Yes really!  He sat down one day and thought I can make something really amazing with a very mundane office tool.  You can see more about his work on the link below:


I know you won't believe your eyes and so I thought I would add another picture from the article, so that you can see that he uses the autoshapes tool to make mini works in each of the cells, so that when combined they make beautiful pictures!  

Photo courtesy of http://www.spoon-tamago.com/2013/05/28/tatsuo-horiuchi-excel-spreadsheet-artist/
His work may not be the most unusual of subject matter but the way in which it is made really shows what can be done with alot of imagination and a programme people use everyday for spreadsheets and accounts.  As one of the people who commented on the original site said 'Just imagine what the guy could do with Photoshop!'

I am going to give it a go the next time I find myself doing some life admin, so if you try it too let us know in the comments below as we would love to see what you get up to.

Make it
H