Make it: Star Wars baubles

Last year you may have seen my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle baubles and so this year I had to go better! I am sensing a yearly tradition coming on here!  With the new Star Wars movie coming out, I thought this years theme should be that, please don't hate me hardcore Star Wars fans!  I grew up with the original Star Wars and so am a fan, I just hope I have done R2D2 and BB8 justice.

You will need: White Baubles (mine were from B&Q), Sharpies in red, blue, black and orange (mine ran out so I used a highlighter), Silver pen, pencil if you want to draw first.

For R2D2, choose one of your baubles, I went for the matt type as its easier to draw on.  Draw a line with your silver pen halfway down the bauble, all the way around.

Fill in the top part of the bauble with the silver, you could also use silver paint if you prefer.

Just above the halfway point, draw a blue line all the way around the bauble.

At the top, where the hanger is, draw segments out of the centre with the blue pen.

Time to start adding details.  I started with the larger buttons at the front.

Then added in further detail all the way around the bauble including buttons and where R2D2's blue metal areas sit.  You can find a picture online to help you.

Then when I was finished with the top part, I added in sections on the bottom until R2D2 was finished.


Then I thought to make a matching pair, I should make the BB8 robot from the new movies.  So using all the same materials from above, I found a picture and got started.

First I started with the top Orange loop around the top using the highlighter - I would have used an orange Sharpie but mine had run out just as I was starting this project!

Then onto the silver loop at the top using my trusty silver pen.

Camera and buttons came next using the Black and a little red for a light showing through.

Then onto the bottom silver circle, it is hard to get this straight so you could always use pencil first.

I did a small bit of outlining on the silver parts and added some more buttons, but I did keep it pretty simple.

Finally, I added some more orange for buttons around the bottom, which went all the way around the bauble.

Then, another one done!

I think they both look great next to each other and are going to make my tree very nostalgic this year, with my Ninja Turtles from last year.

I haven't got my tree up yet and so my Succulent Groot gave me a helping hand with hanging the baubles.  I could have gone one step further and made C3PO, maybe another project for the weekend!  I am so loving these baubles, I am definitely going to have to up my game again next year I think!

If you have a go at this project or even last years Ninja Turtles, then please do send us a picture on Twitter or Instagram using #livelovemake, we would love to see them.

H,xxx

Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram