Make it: Holiday Scrapbook Tutorial

For every holiday I have been on for as long as I can remember I have made a scrapbook when I got home to keep all the little mementos I have picked up and of course house all of my favourite photos of the trip. Why I choose to scrapbook instead of just putting the photos in an album is that I like to record my memories and highlights along with my photos. Also I love using fun papers and embellishments to give a flavour of the place I have visited too.



I wanted to share with you my Barcelona scrapbook today for three reasons. I always go on about how much I love papercrafts, but I very rarely share them here, two I used my latest Messy Box subscription to make the whole thing. I also thought it might be interesting for some of you to see how simply you can create a fun holiday memento with a few simple supplies.

My favourite way to make mini albums is simply to punch holes with my single hole punch and join the pages together with binder rings. It means I can punch as many holes as I need and it is easy to move the pages around if I need to change things about. 

I love this sunglasses paper it is perfect for summer themed projects, it came at the perfect time, even the colours of this months Messy box worked so well with all the photos of our trip.

I used bits of the map that our hotel gave us when we arrived to create backgrounds and mark out places that we visited.

I use Picassa (which is free photo software, despite the fact I have Photoshop) to make picture collages and then print them on my home printer. I have an HP Photosmart C4380, it's a 3 in 1 scanner copier and printer.

I love using tickets and things to make pages as well as papers, it's a great way to include those bits and bobs in your albums.

Tags also make great additional pages, to add those photos that don't really have anywhere else to go.


Don't be afraid to include some black and white photos in your summer albums, you can add colour with the backing papers. 

On the other side don't be afraid to go crazy with the colour when it deserves it too. 

I try and keep a hold of cards and receipts of places I really like so I can put them in albums to remind me of the names of places when I am recommending them to friends. I also always make a list of highlights from the trip, I try and include some things I didn't get photos of too.

I hope you enjoyed that little glimpse of my Barcelona mini scrapbook. I would love to know what you do with your photos, do you just pop them on Facebook? Do you do Project life? Do you just put them in regular albums? Let me know in the comments below. Also if you are headed anywhere nice on your holidays?

Happy Scrapping

Sammy xxx


Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram