Simple Styling: Bedroom Table

This week I thought I would share a little bit of my new home with a Simple Styling post.  I have been in my own home for around 5 months - crazy how time flies.  I still have lots to do and plenty of places to make my own, pictures up on the wall would be a great start!  But I have managed to make a few spaces just how I want them.

My bedside tables for example got the finishing touches this weekend!  I have been coveting this table lamp from Tesco for ages, I know who would have thought it would be from Tesco!!  I saw them in store, then they were gone the next time I went in, they are sold out and also have been for ages online and so after a little trip via another store, I found them!  They finish off my bedside tables perfectly and so that's why I am sharing.

Bedside tables are places where you keep all the useful and random bits of pieces that do not seem to fit anywhere else.  I am lucky as I get to spread out over 2 tables and so this one is the prettier one!  Hence why I chose to show it!  If you look back on our Mythbusting Blogging post you will know that we keep the messy parts hidden, ha, ha.

On my table I have from top left;  Bamboo and Jade bowl from Oliver Bonas - to keep all my hairbands in, Japanese Daruma Doll - present from a friend from Tokyo, Retro style clock from Joy (this was from a while back and so I found a similar one from NOTHS here), Table lamp from Tesco, H coaster - present from a friend (similar one here), Artist Palette necklace from Kate Rowland, Daisy Perfume by Marc Jacobs.  The Bedside table itself is from Ikea (Brusali) and I changed the handles with some off eBay as I didn't like the black ones it came with.

I like to have collections of things towards the back of the table and so there is a nice clear space for not only bits and bobs, but also I think it makes a nice cleaner space.  I am a person who if there is clutter around everywhere I can't think straight and so this helps to keep me calm.

Keeping the colour in a similar colour way is always good too.  I have kept a bit of a theme in my bedroom and so it is easier to co-ordinate - plus it always helps when you can vary it around one of your favourite colours.  What is your colour theme?  Are you a clutter keeper on your bedside table.  On my other side is my phone, notebook and pen - for those in the middle of the night ideas or worries and usually a drink of water.

H, xxx


Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram