Make it: Quick bake biscuits

With all the horrible weather we have been having recently, I have been inclined to stay indoors and make a few treats to keep myself going through all the crafting/blogging.

I found these simple to make biscuits and they can be made with store cupboard bits without even having to leave the house for extra ingredients.

It's a very simple recipe:

100g/4oz Butter
50g/2oz Sugar
a few drops of vanilla essence
175g/6oz Plain Flour

1.  Preheat oven to 150c / Gas 2
2.  Add the butter and sugar in a bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
3.  Add the vanilla, mix, then add the flour and mix well.  
4.  Roll out to about 5mm and cut into shapes or if like me, life is just too short, make small balls out of the mixture and push down on a baking sheet to about 5mm thick.
5.  Then pop them into the oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.

Then voila, done.  Just wait for them to cool and you have some simple biscuits. You could add chocolate drops or nuts if you would like something a bit extra, just add them in at the mixing stage. Unfortunately they get eaten far too quickly with me, but as they are so easy to make, I can always make another batch hey!

What's your favourite quick bake?  let me know in the comments below.

Make it