Dress making: on my 'to do' list

I always have a few sewing projects in my 'to do' pile. When I choose new fabrics at Sew Crafty I take pictures of the samples on my phone and whilst we wait for the order to arrive I pick out my favourites and choose patterns right away. In reality they don't always make it any further than my note book. This season I am determined to get some making done, I thought if I posted them here it might help me to commit some time to making them reality.

This bird fabric was a winner for me as soon as I saw it in the sample pile. It's a super soft matt satin and the colours are lush! I have chosen this McCalls patten to make it up as I love this soft relaxed style, it means I can wear it at work too. I am really looking forward to picking out the colours to do some little details like stitching and binding.

We have had this dot fabric in for a while but it took me a while to work out which pattern I was going to use. I have chosen the mint green to make up, I am loving this colour at the moment.
I am hoping this pattern will make a good match for the dot Georgette, it has a really gathered skirt, and the rouching around the bodice should be lovely with this shear fabric. I really like that although it looks like a wrap-over dress it has that modesty panel in the front, I have a bigger bust so it means it will be more flattering... hopefully.

This fabric was another instant love for me, all the colours make it really versatile. It is a burnout jersey and it's sooooo soft. I chose a versatile pattern, quite similar in shape to a few tops I already own so I know I will like it.
 So, like I said I chose a pattern similar to tops I have already, I love these swing type tops, they are so easy to throw on in the mornings for work, you can keep them casual or dress them up with some jewellery.

Another instant favourite of mine due to the awesome colours, Neon anyone? Yes Please! I love how they have mixed the neon colours with the pastel lilac and mint green. Another soft jersey, so the only choice for me for a pattern was a summery Maxi dress.
Again being larger in the bust department, means that strapless maxis are a no no for me and although I am a shorty at 5'4'' I still find it hard to get maxi dresses that are as long as I like them, i.e. practically dragging on the floor, so I love it when I find a fabric to make my own because I can make it as long as I like!

I can't promise step-by-step updates but I will post some pics here when I have made up theses beauties. The Bird fabric is cut out and ready to be started, so that will hopefully be ready soon. One of my New Years resolutions was to take more time for myself and Sewing is one of those things that often got pushed to one side because of house work or errands, not any more! I am setting aside two nights a week to do specifically sewing projects. One for dress making and one for craft sewing. So hopefully there will be a few more post about things I have made around here soon.

Do you have a list of projects to do? or a list of unfinished projects?
what would it take for you to tick a few of those projects off? how good would that feel!

Sammy xxx