Make it: Ginger Biscuits

Last week I became a bit obsessed about making Ginger Biscuits!  I wanted to make something for a volunteer afternoon at work and so I decided on biscuits rather than cake and of course I had to have a dry run earlier in the week and so my colleagues got a very biscuit friendly week!

This was the recipe that Jane Horrocks recently used for The Great Sport Relief Bake Off and aparently Paul Hollywood's mum uses the same recipe, so it must be good!  I found the recipe on another blog: http://busybutterfingers.blogspot.co.uk/

They are so simple to make and you are most likely to have most of the ingredients already which is always a good start.  They do go hard really quickly, which I like, but you do have to have strong teeth or a good cuppa to dip them in!  I also added stem ginger to mine to make them extra Gingery, but you can leave out if you prefer.

Recipe

110g unsalted butter
110g brown sugar
110g golden syrup

225g self-raising flour

2 tsp ground ginger
50g Stem Ginger


Instructions

1.  Preheat oven to 180*C and grease baking sheets.

2.  Melt butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan gently until all melted together.

3.  Remove from the heat and add the dry ingredients to make a dough.

4.  Make into balls about a 50p size – do not flatten.

5.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.


6.  Allow to cool and try not to eat them all!

If you try them out, let me know.  I also made some chocolate chip versions with a smaller amount of golden syrup and they seemed to stay softer for longer.  So do play around with the recipe and let me know what you get up to!

H