Who's Who: House of Wonderland

This month we thought we would showcase our friend Tess at House of Wonderland. Back in July they did a little guest tutorial for us and so it's only fair to tell you all a little bit more about them.

Who are you?
My name is Tess.  Im 25 years old and I live in Edinburgh with my husband and two young son's.

What do you do?
I am the co-founder and owner of House Of Wonderland.  House Of Wonderland is an independent jewellery company specializing in rockabilly, kawaii jewellery and accessories.  I design, make and sell all of my own work, each piece created from scratch at HOW HQ.
 
How did you start?
I have been crafting for 20 years now!  From a very early age I began painting and coming up with new fashion designs.  I went on to study a BTEC diploma in Art and Design and a HND course in theatre costume design.  I began working freelance as a fashion designer 10 years ago and selling my work in shops worldwide as well as gaining media exposure.  I decided to narrow down my craft in 2012 and set up House Of Wonderland. 

What's Next?
We are currently working on lots of brand new designs as well as bringing back some of our classic and best selling items.  We are also looking to expand our stockists and are currently in talks in getting our goodies to more store's worldwide.  We have revamped our website and are also working on new collaborations including teaming up with the fabulous Dollydripp and tattoo artist Edward Staples.

What advice would you give yourself if you could go back to the beginning?
I started House Of Wonderland with only £10.00!  It has been hard work with such a tight budget.  If I could go back I would save up more money so we can offer more goodies!

We think Tess at House of Wonderland has some amazing work and is definitely worth checking out for some unique pieces for the geek in your life.  H is loving the superhero character pictures and you could even get a custom piece made if you have something really special in mind.

Live it.  Love it.  Make it
H & Sammy