Let's meet: Zeena Shah

Well hello there everyone, we have a treat in store for you today with our Let's meet feature.  We have been catching up with the very lovely Zeena Shah at events and markets for a while now and finally managed to pin her down for a chat.  She is one busy woman and so we are super happy she gave us a little insight into what she is up to and loving at the moment. So, over to Zeena ...




What was the first thing you remember making?
A pom pom dog when I was 5 or 6 years old. My mum used to buy my sisters and I all sorts of crafty kits when we were little. It was SO much fun.

How did you find your creative side?
I've always been creative, always doodling on things and making things in my spare time. I really began my creative journey at art school, I went to Chelsea School of Art & Design to study textile design and fell in love with fabric and print making.


What has been your favourite ever make? Whether that be for your business or pleasure – tell us about it.
I have so many it;s so hard to pick. One of my current favourites is the wall hanging storage hanger in my book How to Print Fabric. It's made of heavy weight felt and has linen pockets with printed number details. I love it and use it all the time.


What are your favourite ways to stay inspired?
I am always exploring, whether it's visiting new exhibitions, picking up new (and old) books or going outdoors and collecting things I find. I love nature, it's a huge influence and an endless source of inspiration.

Who are your favourite Designer/Makers right now?
I adore Studio Emma Odenkirchen's colourful jewellery and Eleanor Bolton's rope plant hangers are also on my wish lists!

What crafty item is top of your wishlist?
I'd really like to get my hands on a weaving loom. I've got the weaving bug after being lucky enough to be invited to one of Peas and Needles brilliant workshops recently. I made a wall hanging that I absolutely love and really want to make one for everyone I know this Christmas, so that's right at the top of the list!

What do you like to do when you’re not working?
I love making things and I think i'll never get bored of it but I do also try and see friends/ family and do as many fun things as I can think of when I do have some time off. Mostly all of these involve eating as i'm really spoilt for choice living in East London. There's a great new bar or restaurant popping up every week it seems so always an excuse to enjoy some tasty food!

Tell us a bit about what you have coming up?  any little projects you want to tell us about.
I've been keeping very busy with my most recent collaboration with Sew and So, the'll be launching a brand new range of my designs as embroidery kits. I've hand screen printed a limited edition of designs onto fabric from my new adult colouring in book Scandia so that you can colour in using thread. The idea is to not be restricted by following a pattern and to instead 'colour with thread' it's so relaxing and echoes the ethos of the book with its focus on mindfulness.
How gorgeous is the Scandia book!!!  and I as a print fan, Zeena's printing is super lovely and her book How to Print Fabric is amazing. I can't wait to see what is coming up next for Zeena as she is one very cool chick!

If you want to be a part of our Let's Meet feature, you can email us at liveit.loveit.makeit@gmail.com as we are always looking for people to take part and give us an insight into their world.

H,xxx

Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram