March Food roundup

Its finally starting to come into Spring! Yey. And that means for me a want to be a bit more healthy and try new things.  There is something about a bit more sun and the idea that all is going to be ok.  Also we have a holiday coming up in June and we all want to be a bit more toned and healthy for that - if only so we can eat what we are like when we get there!  ha ha.

So this month I have been looking at meal prep videos and seeing how people eat on a budget so that I can have healthy living without spending too much.

First up, is this Salmon Sushi Salad which a friend sent me from the Good Food Magazine, also on the website.  I love this kind of food and it seems so simple for me to be able to pack it all up for lunches at work.  Just a bit of planning on a Sunday night I think.

Next is this Not Quite Banana Bread, a few of my friends are currently working their way through Sarah Wilson's, I Quit Sugar book and this recipe looks like a good alternative for a treat.   I love banana bread and as is dairy free too, seems like a good choice for us all.

Bottom left of the pictures, is a bit of a sinful treat in this Rhubarb baked Oatmeal and I can't quite work out what appeals for me most as I am not a big fan of Rhubarb, but I want to try more fruits, so this seemed like a good place to start.  A bit more sinful than the last cake but it looks so good.

Last, but by no means least is this Cauliflower Coconut & Chickpea Curry, all the C's.  I love a good curry and this seems too good to miss.  I have been loving the Mind over Munch website too, so many good ideas for lunches and planning meals.

I am definitely in the meal planning zone at the moment as it saves so much time and money.  For little old me on my own too, its a great way to have a variety and not resorting to bad foods or takeaways.

Do you meal plan?  What are your tips?  I am loving to freeze a portion of everything I make too, so that I can always have it another time, when I am not in the mood to cook.

H,xxx

Please note:  All photographs are from the websites listed with each recipe.