Love it: Oscars Red Carpet 2013

Aside from Jennifer tripping over on the way to collect her Best Actress Award and Adele being all kinds of Amazeballs, the Red Carpet was what I was watching for on Sunday night, as usual it did not disappoint! We were treated to tulle ruffles, nude tones, glitz and sparkle a plenty. Here are a few of my hits, and a couple of misses.

Back Jewellery! I said it would be big this year, both Winning Actress and Supporting Actress, Jennifer Lawrence and Anne Hathaway were sporting this trend.

Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture at the 2013 Academy Awards.
Jennifer Is my pick for best dressed in nude tones. I adore this Dior! It looked amazing even when she tripped up the stairs on the way to pick up her award, she looked like Cinderella loosing her shoe on the Palace steps. She couldn't have picked a better dress to trip over in, she still looks beautiful.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Entertainment/gty_jennifer_lawrence_fall_thg_130224_wblog.jpg

 The other ladies loving nude tones on the night were Anna Seyfried in McQueen, 
Anne Hathaway in Prada (nice from the front, a bit messy round the back)



Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta and Kristen Stewart in Reem Acra
Normally not a huge fan of Kirst at award shows but I love this on her!
 
  

Not a lot of black this year but the Gorgeous Adele looked stunning in this Jenny Packham gown.

Of the ladies that went for a splash of colour my Favourites were Reese Witherspoon in this cobalt Louis Vitton fish tail gown,

Kerry Washington in Miu Miu, you know how I feel about coral at the moment and Jennifer Aniston in Valentino, Nice to see Jen in a bold colour for a change.

 My Favourite dress of the whole night was this Gucci Masterpiece that Jennifer Garner wore to accompany her award winning Hubby Ben Affleck. The colour, the ruffles, the jewels, the soft up do, everything... to die for!

I don't normally show you the outfits I didn't like but there were some not so delightful choices this year that couldn't go by without a mention.
Jennifer Hudson, whose dress by Roberto Cavali is OK, I don't know why she opted to have her hair down? surely she spent all evening un-tangling it from all those sequins? 
Melissa McCarthy in David Meister looks like she is wearing Christian Grey's bed sheet, I know she is a big girl, but this is not a winner.
Halle Berry has worn some of my favourite awards gowns of all time but I am not loving this Versace one, its a bit to 80's meets Egypt for me. 

As for Louise Roe in Monique Lhullier.... there are no words.

Hope you enjoyed the awards show if you watched it, I am off to watch Adele sing again whist making myself some back jewellery!

Sammy xxx