Sammy's Handmade Christmas Tree 2016

Every year My Christmas tree has a theme, yes, I am not sorry, I am one of 'those' people. When we add kids to our family they will get to sort out the tree, but until then it is all mine. This year I was planning to go with a kind of winter forest thing, then I saw our friend Claire (aka Claireabellemakes) was bringing out some limited edition Christmas decorations and I had an even better idea. This year all the decorations on my tree are handmade by independent UK Designer/Makers.


I am so in love with how it turned out and I love it so much more knowing how much love went into designing and creating each piece. I have cheated a little, only in the way that not all the goodies were designed to be decorations, I have used a cute handbag charm, some badges, I made some decorations and I added a few iron on patches too! But that's okay right? So let's get on with sharing who you can find on and around my tree this year.

I have linked up as many as I can, but feel free to ask questions in the comments below if you have any. Kicking off with the one that started it all the 'Weelie Festive' bicycles from Claireabellemakes, the Merry Christmas ya filthy animal badge and tree topper are both from Dakota Rae Dust, Love-Noel-Joy Hand written Baubles and Floral patch were both from the lovely Kate of DaphneRosa. The beautiful dipped hand lettered bauble was a gift from the guys over at The Craft Hood, how sweet is that! It says naughty on one side and nice on the other! Love it!

Noel Bauble as before, the Yoyo fabric tree was from Lucy and Jenny aka Two Crafty Brownies. The Marble paper balls were from Sarah Louise Matthews and this cute little kitty and the red cat in the photo above are by Nathalie Moore Design which I picked up at Bust Craftacular. She also has a gorgeous cat in a cake pin which might just be on my Christmas list!

Here you can see a few of my cheat ornaments, this amazing needle felted fawn brooch and the grey owl further down the tree where another Craftacular purchase from Poppy Darling. Then I popped my Nikki McWilliams biscuit patches on the tree too, because why not and I think they look really cute!

I had a few decorations that were a little heavy for my poor old fake white tree, so I made a feature of them on the wall beside the tree which I think looks really pretty. The Moon pendant that I got from Rachel Emma Studio works beautifully from the Ho Ho Ho hoops that Chloe of Cotton Clara made for me, don't you think? I am tempted to leave them up and see how many people question it! 

I made these fabric wrapped candy canes last year and I still love them so I hung them up the stairs along with some twinkle lights of course. Some of the more sparkly accessories are a glittery tree from Ladybirdlikes, glitter jars from UBYME and glitter hearts from Sparkle Child, who also makes the cutest sparkly crowns for kids - of all ages!

The free gift with this months Mollie Makes of this felt sausage dog made a lovely addition by adding a loop of bakers twine instead of the brooch back it came with, I may have to see if I have any more of those free kits hanging around that I can add to the tree too! The Fluffy Pom pom and metallic tassel are actually a handbag charm from Tessa Marie Cox, which will be adorning my handbag in January as soon as it's festive duty is done! The pretty acrylic vintage style ornaments are by You Make Me are so fun, I love the pop of pastel, they have some super fun sweetie themed ones too which are so cool. The mini yarn wall hanging and copper discs were from RosWow and they may be another thing that hangs around all year too, pun intended! 


The lovely Sophie from Junk and Glitter hand-painted these Modern ceramic Baubles and I knew as soon as I saw them on her Insta that they would be perfect for my tree, I have also stocked up on her awesome wrapping paper designs for my gifts too. you can also see that I used my Emma Margaret Illustrations garland on my tree as well, I just loved the idea and Emma's work is so sweet. Just at the top of the next photo you can see the cute wooden jumper from Hello Sunshine. It was so lovely to get to work with Jo this year on our Sew Crafty Jewellery line, I couldn't not have her on my tree.



Phew that was long! I do hope I haven't forgotten anyone! I did, of course, make a few little bits and bobs, well it would have been rude not to really. I am so, so happy with how it has turned out and as I said, I love it even more knowing all my creative friends had a hand in it coming to life.

If you want to see some more Christmas tree inspiration check out some of our other decoration posts from the archives. My Tree 2012 , My Tree 2013 , Christmas Tree Festival 2014 , Christmas Wreath , Star Wars Baubles, Ninja Baubles and Anthropologie inspired decorations. As you can see my pompom wreath from that Anthropologie DIY post is still going strong!

I hope you enjoyed that little look at my decorations for this year and that it may have inspired some handmade Christmas ideas of your own.
Sammy xxx


Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram