Food round-up


I know its January and we should all be about the healthy eating and all that, but let's face it, sometimes you just need a little cheat and so I have a few things for you today which are mainly healthy - ok apart from one, but you need something to look forward to hey!

First up are these Carrot cake Cookies from Deliciously Ella.  Ella was a massive success in 2015 and will have more I am sure to come in 2016.  She is all about healthy but tasty eating and I really need that in my life.

Next is a side or snack recipe of Carrot Salad from Le Pain Quotidien.  I love visiting this place when I am in London and so to make a little healthy treat at home can only be a good thing.  Also a great snack for when I am at work trying not to have an afternoon sweet treat.

Last on the savoury front are these Asian-style seafood parcels which were on Jamie and Jimmy's Friday night feast.  I love this programme and not only because the food is good, but they do some great bits about cuts to eat and how to save a bit of cash, what's not to like.  These seafood parcels seem nice and easy for some friends coming over, which is always good.

Lastly is the very naughty treat of Vegan Chocolate Cake from Jamie Oliver's website.  He has a really good website which means you can find all the recipes by meal type, occasion, main ingredient or special diet like my dairy free type.  Makes cooking so much easier as a not very competent chef, but I like to try!

Would any of these be on your meal plans for January.  I am trying meal planning again this year as I found it really helps to keep my motivation for actual cooking and saving a bit of cash too of course.

H,xxx

Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram