Ingrediants-in-a-Jar Gifts


This time of year is all about the gift ideas - you may have noticed from our posts this month, that we have a gifts for different people theme.  I thought I would share some simple foodie ideas with you today.  Perfect for the person who loves food most in your life, but without the effort.

I also love the fact that they are presents in very cool jars!  I mean, who doesn't love a mason jar!  You could even put it in a jar with a handle so they can use it like the mugs above - one of the very reasons I love going to giraffe is for these mugs of lemonade!

Toffee Blondies in a Jar
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/brownies/toffee-blondies-in-a-jar/
First up is from the Better Homes and Gardens website and it is Toffee Blondies, yum yum.  I made a Jar of treats of coconut and hazelnut blondies last year and she said they were super yummy.  So easy to make too, just don't forget to add the wet ingredients information and cooking method and you are good to go!
Quick Bread in a Bottle
http://www.sunset.com/food-wine/holidays-occasions/quick-bread-in-a-bottle
Next up, is something for the bread rather than cake lovers - although it is a sweet bread so not entirely a sandwich loaf kind of present.  I love that this jar looks like a milk bottle too.  Look out now for bottles and jars you could use and then when it comes to Christmas you have a whole lot to choose from.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
http://www.madewithpink.com/2011/12/chocolate-christmas-gift-cookies-jar.html
Just look at this jar, how could you not want to eat this little lot!  This one is from the Made with Pink blog which has a lot of pink on it, of course.  There is also an online shop and great conversion chart which is very useful for converting from US recipes.

Mason Jar Meals
http://saltandpeppersf.com/2012/05/23/mason-jar-meals/
Last up is a savoury Jar!  Lets face it, it is Salad in a Jar, but just look how much better it looks and giving all the recipe ideas along with some jars, would make a great present.  You could add tags onto each jar and so they will know what to do when they want to do it for themselves too.

So, what do you think?  I think my favourite is the Toffee Blondies (without nuts of course for me) or the savoury selection.  Maybe I could just give myself both of these for Christmas?  Who would you make yours for?

I am off to look out for some jars and bottles!
H


Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram