Live it: The Lightbox Art & Craft Fair

 The Lightbox Christmas Tree, donated by Squire's Garden Centres.
Every year my work - The Lightbox, has an Art and Craft fair to showcase the designer/makers in the surrounding areas.  The shop already showcases some local artists work, but the Art and craft fair gives a great excuse to show more and so I thought it was only fair to go have a look see.

The Art & Craft fair takes over the corridors, the meeting space and my usual work room - the education studio, so there was plenty of space for lots of different designer/makers.


These beautiful silver jewellery pieces were made by Jen Smith from Silver Labyrinth and are all bespoke and so no two pieces are the same.


Julie Barham from Talking Pots had these lovely seed pods and pots.  The seed pods have chimes in them and you could also buy a vase in the same shape. 

I found this little stall of personlise your own tote bags or T-shirts by Vicky at Mrs Cards.  You get a chalk pen and the bag/t-shirt and you can write a shopping list or phrase on them, then wash it away.



One of The Lightbox Volunteers and a designer/Maker herself, Karen from Tilly's Magic Lantern mixes vintage with new for her Jewellery.  You can find her work in The Lightbox shop all year around, but it was lovely to see her beautiful display stands with all the pretty things.


I got to meet the lovely girls from biroRobot, who were there with their prints and if you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I bought a cheeky little print! oops.

These lovely festive glass sculptures were by Joanna Lloyd Glass.  This Art and Craft fair was starting to get me in the festive spirit - watch out!

Sew Make Me had a lovely vintage style stall with their kits and accessories they sell.  Loved the snowman fabric that the sack was made out of.

Jane Cameron sells fused glass and hand painted silk.  I loved the cat coasters, but as I don't have a house of my own or really like pink, I left them for someone else to pick up.

Laurie King had some lovely bicycle inspired prints for sale, alongside some printed water bottles for those on the road moments.


As a Silver jewellery obsessive, I loved Caroline Thomson's work.  Her stall was set up so well with the stones and driftwood letting the silver jewellery shine, and it definitely shined!

So, all in all it was a day of very pretty things.  There was also mulled wine and mince pies on offer! Have you been to any Craft fairs yet?  or sold at any this year? Let us know in the comments below.

H