Who's who: Laurel Howells


This month's who's who is Laurel Howells who is a Designer-Maker, Illustrator, Photographer, Collage artist and all round creative hailing from Taplow in Berkshire - Just near Sammy and it turns out went to the same Uni as H, small world hey!

Laurel is a designer who sells her homemade wares online and at craft fairs and pop up shops, so do watch out for her work.  She also does freelance illustration work.

How did you start?

I graduated from university 2 years ago in Graphic Design and afterwards I felt a bit lost.  I've always felt more passionate using craft and collage handmade techniques, so at the end of summer 2012 I decided to give it a go as a full time designer-maker and I am loving it.

What's next for you?

I hope to continue and develop my brand even further and expand my product lines and designs, to continue having fun and to hopefully progress in more freelance illustration work, currently I am designing website illustrations for a fair trade boutique shop in Glasgow who were fond of my quirky linear illustrations.

What advice would you give yourself if you could go back to the beginning?


To not worry
To follow your dreams and passion
There is no failure in life
The only pressure is the pressure you put on yourself
Have fun
Don't regret any career moves

You can check out Laurel's work at: 

I think you will love her quirky designs just like we do and so do go and have a look and please do let us know what you think in the comments below.

Live it.  Love it.  Make it
H & Sammy

P.s.  If you would like to be featured in our who's who, then please do email us over at liveit.loveit.makeit@gmail.com and we will see what we can do!