A Great Loss

Normally we keep our blog light and happy. 
Today I am sorry to say I have a sad post to write. 

On Saturday 16/03/13 My Grandpa passed away from Pneumonia.
As you know My family have just celebrated our birthday's. My Grandpa turned 92 on the 2nd of March and we all enjoyed his company that weekend. He had an amazing life which I am looking forward to sharing with you all soon. We are all so sad that he has gone, but I am so thankful that we got to have him as part of our lives for so long.

I'm sure you will forgive me for not wanting to share something light and fluffy today, 
but I will share a poem.

For My Grandpa

I know we are all feeling a little bit sad,
That we've lost our Grandpa, our friend and our dad

But Grandpa would want us to know he's in a good place
And that he watching us all with a smile on his face
As we have made him so proud, as proud as can be
That he has raised such a beautiful and special family

Thinking back now I really must say
I feel lucky and privileged to have known Grandpa to this day
For in my life, you have played a special part
The memories I will treasure and keep close to your heart

Although he has gone we will always be together
And his spirit will live on each one of us forever
When you look to the sky, look for the brightest star
As that will be Grandpa looking down on us from afar

And now I would like to thank the good Lord above
For blessing us with our Grandpa with his kindness and love
Dear God, if it is not too much fuss
Take extra special care of our Grandpa as he is very dear to us

Grandpa if you are listening say a prayer for us every day
Be sure to protect us and guide us on our way
We know when God called you, you had to go
But we want you to know Grandpa we miss you and love you so
by Ilona Blake