Sunday seashell Make it



 Good evening, thought you might like to see what I made earlier today.
Let me fill you in a little, Last year at my Mum's Girls dinner, they had a dish which came in these little shells, some kind of crab meat puree thing I think, and Mum being Mum thought she could make use of the shells, Honestly my Mum is worse than me for wanting to re-purpose things. 
So last week she bought them in to the shop and we set about coming up with something to do with them in time for her Girls 2011 Christmas gathering. 
we liked with the idea of necklaces and wine glass Id tags, but the winner was place settings. 
I said that she should leave it with me and that night I set to it. The shells were in a pretty raw state, so I started with a coat of Mod Podge to seal them and then painted the inside with a white pearlised acrylic paint and set them to dry. 
Today I knew I had to finish them as her dinner is tomorrow, I got out my fave air drying clay, Apoxi sculpt, Love the stuff, and mixed up six small pebbles, then set them one in to each shell. Then came the fun part, I got out my alphabet stamps and stamped each guests name in to each pebble. Whilst the clay was setting I rummaged around and managed to find, in my old craft supplies some 'mermaid bubbles' that I had bought from ebay a few years back for customising dolls, Perfect.
I drizzled some pva around each of the pebbles and poured on the bead bubbles, just like glitter. Once the clay had set and the glue had dried I tipped off the excess bubbles, took some more pearl paint and covered the pebbles, making sure I was careful not to flood the letter indentations. When that layer was dry I added some black paint to a little of the pearl paint and went back over each of the names to make them stand out. 
I took a quick pic on my phone to show you.
I think you will agree they look fabulous! 
I was so happy with how they turned out, I hope My Mum and her friends will agree.