Let's meet: PupTart

We have been wanting to interview this months designer for so long, but she is always so super busy (well that's a great thing) and so we are really happy that Hannah managed to find a little time for us this month and tell us all about her business PupTart.



What was the first thing you remember making?
The first product I made was our bestselling pet bow ties. This inspired me to open my etsy shop.

How did you find your creative side?
Ooh that's tricky its just something I love to do, if I'm not doing something creative I feel super lazy. I like taking a trip somewhere different, that can be really inspirational if your struggling to be creative.

What has been your favourite ever make? Whether that be for your business or pleasure – tell us about it.
I love painting the watermelon bags it never feels like working I can't believe how popular they've been and I that each one is unique to the customer. I've also been making a lot of brides and bridesmaid bags recently these feel extra special because they're part of peoples big day.

What are your favourite ways to stay inspired?
Definitely taking trips, even if its just to a different part of town. Especially in the summer its great to walk Indy over to new parts of London at the weekend and do lots of people watching.

Who are your favourite Designer/Makers right now?
Eek there's so many favourites, the crafty community is full of awesome creative buddies, so I'll just pick newer discoveries;
Zabby Allen, I'm obsessed with her planet patches.
Euani Nails, Kim helped make us some fruity nail decals form Etsy shop and I've bought some as gifts, I also got some amazing tropical ones.
Claire Sherston, her fruity print bags are so cute I got a banana one.
Lucy Wilkins does super cute illustrations and amazing pet portraits Indy was lucky to get one.

What crafty item is top of your wishlist?
I just got a freehand embroidery attachment for my sewing machine to experiment with personalising items.
2 big items I have on my wishlist are I think its time to upgrade to an industrial sewing machine and I've been doing a lot more work with my illustrations making them into pins and patches so I keep looking at the iPad pros eek.

What do you like to do when you're not working?
I'm getting married in a year so we've started shredding for the wedding! I really love going to Psycle classes. Also hanging out with buddies and Indy. Running your own business takes up so much time I end up hiding away in my sewing den so taking time out with friends is extra fun.

Tell us a bit about what you have coming up?  any little projects you want to tell us about.
I'm excited to be relaunching our website soon with the amazing help form Ellen Angharad.

Now, who doesn't love a watermelon bag or pet bow tie and if we are going to go back to the 90's for any bum bag it would have to be a glitter one, so many of our designer/maker friends have it as a must-have craft fair essential to keep all the coins in.

Looking forward to seeing the new website too!

H, xxx

Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram