Creativity at Work

We interrupt the usual order of things to bring you a little look at what I have been making at work.  You must know by now that my day job means that I get to create at The Lightbox, but I thought I would share with you something that I am really, really proud of recently.

I made this Enormous Crocodile character hat for an upcoming workshop in Half term - my job means that I work with school visits, adults and all the holiday activities and so there are so many things to make!  Ace!

We have a Quentin Blake exhibition coming up - which I am super excited about as he is one of my all time favourite illustrators!  This means that during the holidays we try to tailor some of the workshops to the current exhibition - cue my excitement to get creative with his Roald Dahl characters. One day I want to own a Quentin Blake print, I just need the cash and to decide which one of course!

Now, I have made UFO costumes, 3D jigsaw heads and many a diorama, but I still get really happy when something just works how I want it to and everyone else likes it!  There is nothing like the added pressure of making sure that your colleagues and all the people who are due to use or make something similar, like what you have made too.

The workshop is for children to make their own character costume for some of Roald Dahl's much loved characters, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fantastic Mr Fox, The Witches, BFG and of course The Enormous Crocodile.  So this means samples of all of these things so that the children and their adults will have an idea of how to make their costume.  It will by no means be the whole thing and so a few little elements have been made so that the idea is there.

This of course will be The Enormous Crocodile and I love it!  Made from card, tissue paper, green paper and paint, I think he looks pretty cool.  I know what I am going to be for Halloween now!  ha, ha.

Which Roald Dahl character is your favourite?  I love the way Quentin Blake draws and gets the personality of the characters just right.  Dahl and Blake had a great relationship and it just worked.

Right, off to do my next thing, printing samples for a school visit this week, busy busy.
H, xxx


Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram