Gift Wrapped 3 ways

One of my very favourite things about buying gifts, especially at this time of year is getting to wrap them up. I love paper-crafts and for me wrapping presents is just an extension of my favourite hobby. You may remember last year we even held a gift wrapping workshop! Getting to play with embellishments and glitter is just the best part of the gift buying process for me. It can make even the most mundane gift voucher that little bit more exciting to open. 

Most of my family have asked either for money or vouchers this year so for a bit of fun I have taken some kraft gift boxes and decorated them up to put their vouchers and money in, to make them a little more exciting than just a card. I got a little carried away and whilst I was at it I thought I would make some extras to share with you all.  I went with three themes to help inspire you to have a go at some different wrapping ideas this Christmas. 

All That Glitters
Use mini Christmas decorations to embellish, I also love wooden decals often sold for card making and sequins sprinkled like glitter. Copper and rose gold make a luxury statement, I used copper flakes on double sided tape and copper tape. Use even the smallest scraps of expensive gift wrap to make tags or add strips to basic papers to give a splash of glitz. 


Merry and Bright
Why not make your gifts stand out from the crowd by using a neon theme. By using simple tools like paper punches, fine liner pens and washi tape you can create simple but stunning wrapping that will have your family and friends reaching for the sunglasses. Hand write little phrases onto scraps of card or stickers to create funky gift tags. These star ones were 'sale' price tags from Ryman.

Trendy Traditional
A classic colour combination with a twist, red and white paired with aqua blue freshens up the traditional colour pallet. Use playful motifs like reindeer, penguins and gingerbread men to add a touch cuteness for kiddos or adults. Doilies look lovely as a classic pairing with good old bakers twine. Use fun fabrics to wrap gifts, it doubles as part of the gift if you are giving them to a crafty friend.

Do you like wrapping gifts or are you a last minute bung it in a bag kind of person? I have a last minute stash of tissue paper and gift bags at the ready just in case too! Which theme do you like the best? Which wrapping idea's will you be using this year?

Sammy xxx

This post is not sponsored.
Supplies from Hobbycraft, Marks and Spencer, Card Department, Sew Crafty, Amazon, Papercutz, Sainsbury's, Studio Calico, Ryman, Paperchase and Fox and Star.


Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram