Let's meet... Wolf & Moon

This month we had a chat with Wolf & Moon who make the most amazing Jewellery!  H has a few of their necklaces and shared the love with Sammy for Christmas with a pair of earrings, so it must be good!  We sat down for a chat with Hannah to find out a bit more about her.


What was the first thing you remember making?
When I was young, my mother really encouraged me to draw, paint and make things.  She had this story that she used to tell everyone about how I had gone off on my own and made a working umbrella out of cardboard and coloured tissue paper when I was a toddler! I do actually remember the finished umbrella, but I’m afraid I can’t remember actually making it.  I had a Winnie the Pooh plaster of paris kit that I loved, and I remember painting on my artists' easel for kids!

How did you find your creative side
I think it has always run in the family - art was especially encouraged by my mother! Her father was an aeroplane designer and my parents are both musicians.
What has been your favourite ever make?
I was very proud of my Fine Art degree show - a culmination of 3 years hard work! It was an installation of photography, sound and film which lit up a dark room using light boxes, slide projectors, tv’s and a super 8 machine. 

What are your favourite ways to stay inspired?
Travelling always inspires me, whether it is going to another country or sitting on the bus from one side of London to the other.  I love a day visiting an art exhibition and then sketching ideas in my notebook in the cafe afterwards.

Who are your favourite Designer/Makers right now?
My good friend Tessa Metcalfe is a fantastic (and wonderfully eccentric) jewellery designer.  I also love Paloma Wool, Elke Kramer, ArieleAlasko and Alfie Douglas.

What crafty item is top of your wishlist?
I’m desperately saving for an Alfie Douglas bag!

What do you like to do when you’re not working?
I can’t wait to plan a trip abroad somewhere.  This will always include some sort of nature or hiking excursion - I can’t stay away from mountains or forests for too long.  I love taking photographs on these trips, always on film; 35mm and medium format.

Tell us a bit about what you have coming up?  any little projects you want to tell us about.
I am working on a new collection which will bring together photography and jewellery much more than I have done before. It is inspired by travels in Norway last year.


It sounds all really fab and can't wait to see the new collection - any excuse for new Jewellery! I know Valentine's day has just been and gone, but surely you can show your love all year around!!??? ha, ha.

H

Bloglovin / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Google+ / Instagram