Love it. Free Knitting Patterns

http://farm9.static.flickr.com/8469/8392107350_1ae3fea9d1_z.jpg


One of our lovely customers came in in the week with the cutest knitting project to show my mum (who is a knitting fiend) these Fererro Rocher covers. (H feels about these the same as she feels about knicker making workshops... not a fan) But my mum loves knitting novelty goodies. I think just because its more fun than knitting jumpers. 
She has knitted everything from a Tetras blanket to a Rubics cube tissue box cover.
Whist searching for the pattern online for my Mum I came across this awesome site filled with free knitting and crochet patterns, I am not a knitter but I can crochet. These patterns are a great way to practice your skills without shelling out lots of money.
If you get a chance pop over and check it out. Here are my faves that I have found so far.
Ravelry.com you have to register to view all the patterns, but it only takes a few moments, and it looks like there is a really great community along with  the site, which would be great if you are new to yarn crafts.

These two are by designer Frankie Brown, aren't they cute, I love the little boats, they would look so cute in a little boys nursery.


I love these little animal patterns, H these owl egg cozies are for you !




I'm Loving ombre shading at the moment, these two patterns use gradient yarn to crate really delicate accessories.


Are you a knitter or a crochet fan? 
Which site do you like for tips, hints and patterns?

Sammy xxx